Current Vacancies - Senior Data Engineer
We are always looking to grow our team with like-minded people are who are driven, passionate about data and looking for a unique place to further their career.
Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and hands-on Senior Data Engineering Consultant to join our growing consultancy and lead the delivery of data engineering projects.
You will come equipped with hands-on expertise of both on-prem and cloud-based environments and have a clear understanding of the opportunities and challenges presented by both. You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and be comfortable working across multiple projects.
You will be required to bring strong technical skills within data engineering, data design, data development and data solution prototyping. You will have performed one or more of these roles on multiple large-scale projects and be looking to further expand your skillset and exposure to the latest tools in this space.
Key to this role will be the ability to take ownership of highly technical data challenges, with an unrivalled attention to detail. You will thrive on complex data challenges, working both independently and through collaboration with team members to find elegant and efficient solutions.
- CICD- Build clear and effective continuous integration with continuous deployment, enforcing automation in build, test, and deployment.
- Data strategy- Utilise industry knowledge to provide clear recommendations for the evolution of client’s data ecosystem
- Solution design- Pragmatic, balanced data solution designs, delivering strong business value whilst ensuring outputs are fit for handover into BAU with long-term confidence
- Prototyping- Building data prototypes to test logic, playback to the stakeholders, and adapt
- Documentation- High quality documents alongside all solutions, both technical and business-focused
- Proof of quality and testing- To ensure outputs which will be quickly accepted and trusted by users
- Stakeholder relationships- A strong working relationship with stakeholders is imperative in order to design meaningful and impactful solutions
- Presenting- Creating compelling presentations and being able to present information in a clear and concise manner
Skills and experience required to fulfil the role
- Experience in partnering with the business to design, develop and build effective data pipelines.
- Technical decision maker and able to solve data engineering challenges with authority
- Experience in scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Perl
- Strong CI/CD principles, with applied knowledge
- Experience in working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
- Sound understanding of cloud and / or on-prem data ecosystems, together with the native data management, ETL and data integrity tools available
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-based technologies, such as Google Cloud or AWS
- Strong data design experience, including 3NF, Kimball to build effective data models
- Significant hands-on SQL experience across multiple environments
- Good problem-solving skills and eagerness to provide the best possible outcome
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience in working with tools such as DBT is desirable
- Proactive, dynamic, and driven by delivering quality work, with a great eye for detail
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks, and finds the best way to solve problems
- An excellent communicator who can make sense of and communicate complex ideas
- Ability to quickly understand client context and demonstrate expertise in their business
- A relationship builder, with the ability to motivate and engage effectively to build trust with clients and colleagues
- An interest in industry trends, emerging technologies, and client’s businesses